On Saturday November 4, 2023 the 6th annual Super Braxton Pediatric Cancer 5k took place in Reynoldsburg. The event is named after a courageous young 8 year old boy, Braxton Long who sadly lost his battle with cancer in 2017.
The Lions Club are the event host and organizers. What stands out about this event is how much time and effort they dedicate to making this a superb race. If you have ever been involved in organizing any event you will know, it is a lot of work! Besides the main 5k run/walk, there is also a free kids race beforehand lined up with volunteer super heroes. Post race snacks include sponsorship from Chick-Fil-A!
Results – Top 3 Men
- Andrew Bassetti (Pataskala, Ohio) – 19 minutes 13 seconds
- Aidan Nowalk (Westerville, Ohio) – 19 minutes 44 seconds
- Caleb Bolumen (Blacklick, Ohio) – 20 minutes 38 seconds
Results – Top 3 Female
- Jackie Graham (Columbus, Ohio) – 25 minutes 50 seconds
- Lisa Wood (Reynoldsburg, Ohio) – 26 minutes 07 seconds
- Karen Bolumen (Blacklick, Ohio) – 26 minutes 15 seconds
Full Race Results